Lawn & Garden
Florida gardening presents unique challenges, so we offer research-based assistance, information, and advice. Whether you are developing a vegetable garden, choosing landscape plants, or seeking information about lawn care, our resources will help you make your yard green and beautiful.
To find out what Extension services are available in your area or to get personal assistance, please contact your county Extension office.
Fall and winter's dormant season is a great time for planting nut and fruit trees in your lawn. More...
Discover the reasons why the holly fern, an eye-appealing and low-maintenance fern, is the plant of the month. More...
Find out which bulbs, vegetables, and herbs enjoy this cool, dry weather. More...
Pumpkins are more popular than ever this time of year—discover ways you can use and grow them. More...
Listen to Dr. Dave Clark discuss how to start off your fall vegetable garden. More...
- Entomology and Nematology Department
- Environmental Horticulture Department
- Extension Soil Testing Laboratory
- FAWN: Florida Automated Weather Network
- Florida Master Gardener Program
- Florida Partnership for Water, Agriculture & Community Sustainability at Hastings
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
- Gardening in a Minute
- Horticultural Sciences Department
- IPM Florida
- Landscape Plants
- Living Green
- Pesticide Information Office
- Plant Pathology Department
- School Gardens
- Soil and Water Science Department
- Trees and Hurricanes