Lawn & Garden
Florida gardening presents unique challenges, so we offer research-based assistance, information, and advice. Whether you are developing a vegetable garden, choosing landscape plants, or seeking information about lawn care, our resources will help you make your yard green and beautiful.
To find out what Extension services are available in your area or to get personal assistance, please contact your county Extension office.
With its versatile growth and whitish leaves, the ghost plant is a perfect succulent to grow in October. More...
Whether you enjoy planting bulbs, herbs, or vegetables, there are a variety of options to plant this month. More...
Listen to Dr. Gail Hansen, a landscape design specialist, share landscaping ideas to save energy. More...
Learn about earthworms, arthropods, nematodes, and other important organisms found in soil. More...
From coriander to garlic to basil, find out what annual and perennial herbs you should plant this fall. More...
- Entomology and Nematology Department
- Environmental Horticulture Department
- Extension Soil Testing Laboratory
- FAWN: Florida Automated Weather Network
- Florida Master Gardener Program
- Florida Partnership for Water, Agriculture & Community Sustainability at Hastings
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
- Gardening in a Minute
- Horticultural Sciences Department
- IPM Florida
- Landscape Plants
- Living Green
- Pesticide Information Office
- Plant Pathology Department
- School Gardens
- Soil and Water Science Department
- Trees and Hurricanes